1. There are never enough hours in the day
2. Breakfast for dinner is OK
3. Being a single mom with a chronic illness means some days my kids put themselves to bed, and it won’t kill them
4. Kids survive divorce, and so do you
5. Overcompensating for the absent parent only tires you out to a point where you become unable to provide
6. Some days you want to crawl back to bed, some days you can take on the world, and some days you feel both during the same day
7. Asking for help is the most difficult thing for me because single parents are “expected” to handle it all. And it’s a lie.
8. If given the choice between cleaning or playing Battleship!, pick Battleship!
9. Take time out for yourself as often as possible. It refills your sanity basket.